Sunday 8 February 2015

Valentines Gift Guide for Him




Unless you are currently residing under a rock you have probably noticed that its Valentines Day next week. Yep that fun Hallmark holiday that makes couples feel pressured to show their love for each through cards and gifts. 

Don't let that cynical tone fool you though, I do get my boyfriend a little something, it's just the idea of a day to celebrate your love for your partner seems dumb because if you have someone you love, everyday should be like that (to an extent of course!).

Anyway I often have a little trouble buying a gift for the other half but this year I've done pretty well, if I do say so myself! So I thought I'd share what I've bought along with some other ideas I have had, just in case like me normally, you're struggling. Some of the suggestions are a little costly, others however are practically free!


These are general little gifts, I have bought my boyfriend the wallet and the scratch travel map, because his wallet is in scraps and recently we've been travelling a lot and he mentioned one of these a while back so I thought I'd get him one!


My boyfriend likes his gadgets but he has a load already, touch screen gloves however, he has yet to own and since its still winter they're perfect for him, especially since he goes to the football almost every week! Also phone docks are really good gifts, they play your music and charge your phone, perfect (I got the bf one for Christmas, but if I didn't I would have gotten him one now!).

6. Lush goods -Lonely Heart £3.50, Heart Throb £3.65, Love Locket £6.95 (No online link but available in stores!) 
7. Face Masks - Coconut & Shea Butter, Black Seaweed £1.00

Now, here's a little secret, men absolutely love to be pampered. I'm not talking aftershave and what not. I mean full blown girly spa-like things. Lush, face-masks, massages... They love it. So I go him a couple of Lush bath bombs and I'll give him a back rub or something after his bath!

8. Love Coupon Booklet - Free! 
9. Cupcakes - Make them for low cost!

These are great gift ideas, especially if you don't want to spend that much or even if you've both agreed that you're not really going to get each other anything. Though they can be time consuming. The booklet you can find free printable templates online, and cupcakes you can make yourself. I'm actually going to post a valentines day cupcake post either Tomorrow!


Lastly nothing is more unique than a personalised gift. I've bought both of these things for my boyfriend, the M&Ms are very expensive for what they are but I used a groupon voucher (here) to make it a bit cheaper and a discount code I found just by googling 'M&M discounts' which was 15% off. I have them already and they actually look amazing. As for the cheeseboard I want to just display it in the room as it is just so super cute!



What do you think of my suggestions? Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks for reading!
Birds in Blossom x

No comments:

Post a Comment