Thursday 16 January 2014

Seventeen Complete Collection


This is the Seventeen Complete Collection, which I picked up from Boots yesterday as they were having a 70% sale! So the box says £35 but I picked this beauty up for £10.50 an absolute bargain! Lets take a look what you get for your moolah...


On the first 'page' are a variety of beauty products from brushes to gel eyeliner and on the other 'page' you have a few make-up tips and advice and then there are a couple of windows that give you a glimpse of the eyeshadows and other goodies that are concealed in a sort of pull out section.


Firstly, the brushes. You get five in this set, they're all super soft and I've tried each and every one and they work really well! As you can see there is one 'Cheeks' brush, three 'Eyes' brushes and one 'Lips' brush. I think the design is really simple and sleek, they just look really cool. I've been after some brushes for a while and these are perfect for what I was after.



Next up, the beauty items. So here you get a 15ml tube of 'Photo flawless' skin primer and I must say I've never used a primer before so I was a little skeptical but I put it on today and it really did work, my foundation lasted a lot longer than usual. I have yet to use the Limited edition black mascara, but I have looked at the brush applicator and it's a thick one so it is the type I usual go for, so I will probably get around to using it at some point but I do love my usual mascara a lot so I don't know when that would be. You get two eye pencils, in black and coffee, I've only used the black one but it was easy to apply and the colour was bold and didn't run/fade like others I have used in the past. The Limited edition metallic eye cream can be used as a eye cream as the name suggests but also as a highlighter, though it has a slight gold tinge so I personally would only use it as a highlighter for nights out. Lastly the Limited edition gel liner, I don't know if I would use this as I am too in love with my Rimmel glam eyes liquid liner as it's so easy to apply and lasts all day, but I suppose when I run out I'll give it a go but I think I would need to buy a thinner brush to apply it with.


You also get an Eyelash curler and a Pencil sharpener, I've yet to use either of these so I can't really comment on them. I don't really use eyelash curlers as I had a bad experience with one once where it sliced all my eyelashes off from one of my top eyelids and so I've not trusted them since. As for the sharpener I 'm sure it works perfectly well but I have several around my room and in my bag so I don't think it will get used extensively.



I adore the range of colours you get in this collection! The eye shadows are actually taken from the Metallic toffee trio, Funfair, Peepshow eye palette, Vengeance trio, Style Queen, Spirit, Regal and Mardi Gras sets (quoted from the back of the box) so far I've used the pink, white and grey/silver shades, the colour transfers really well and you don't have to apply much to get a bold, bright colour, I can't wait to try them out more and find loads of amazing combinations! As for the lip gloss the shades you get are Peachy, Pink Ice, Fuzzy Yellow Petal, In The Nude and Very Berry, I wore Very Berry today and only had to apply it once and the colour lasted all day, I even ate and drank and the colour didn't falter in the slightest and kept it's vibrance, I was really impressed. I tried the Limited edition bronzer but for me it was a bit more shimmery and gold than what I was used to, so I went back to my usual bronzer, I'll have to try it again another time though as I don't really have an opinion yet. Finally the Blusher in Bramble Frost, again another product I have yet to use, but I will definitely be using this in the spring when I want a lighter pink glow, as at the minute I use a deeper berry shade for blusher with it still being winter.

Overall I was really pleased with this purchase, well worth the money! There were a couple in the store I went to so if you're lucky they may still be in stock, I highly recommend this collection, everything is of high quality and there isn't really anything in it that won't be used at one time or another.

Keep smiling!
Birds in Blossom x

12 comments:

  1. This looks so cute and I can't believe you got it for only £10.50! I am so jealous right now! <3
    xo Hannah
    http://lipglossandloosecurls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it myself, I'm so pleased with it! Thanks for commenting!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete
  2. Looks great for a tenner! Although the eyeshadow shades are a bit of a let down!
    The brushes look great though! :)
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the eyeshadows, though I must say it is a bit of an odd combination of colours, but for a tenner I can't complain! Thanks for commenting!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete
  3. OMG, I want this. Don't think we have this in Boots in Ireland, Would love it though, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually been to a Boots in Ireland when on holiday there once! (but I have no idea how widely spread they are). I don't think I could cope without my occasional Boots trip!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete
    2. Well I've one down the road. I've a few of them where I live, we just don't have all the brands. Like we don't have Sleek.

      Delete
  4. OMG I am so jealous! How are the brushes? Would you say that matched up to the real techniques make up brushes?
    Such a cute set!
    Thanks for the post :)

    Please check out my beauty blog nailsandteapots@hotmail.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that the brushes to work really well, but I couldn't compare them to the real techniques brushes as I have never used them before!
      Thank you for commenting!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete
  5. This set seems awesome! Great review... I just met your blog and I love it! I invite you to check out mine ;) I follow you here on Blogger, want to see more about you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your blog now!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete
  6. i got one of these and i was so happy just opened it like a month later found out my older sis took all the stuff out of it and used them all... im mad as hell rn. Does anyone know where i can buy a new one of these?

    ReplyDelete