Saturday 25 January 2014

Mixed Prints. Love it or Hate it?

4. Graphic Flower Tee - £18.00

I was flicking through a magazine last week and came across something that I hadn't really seen before in a commercial piece of clothing, it was three completely clashing prints all on one dress (number 9. in my list). Now, I didn't know what to make of it because the magazine article had a plain image of the dress, like seen above, and then next to it was a photo of a model actually wearing it and it definitely looked far better on her than in it's picture, but I still wasn't sure what I thought about it. 

Then a few days later, I was browsing online and saw even more clothing with this mixed print look and I think I've come to the conclusion that, at the minute, I'm not really a fan, some of them are alright, like the oversized check shirt (8.) and maybe the smock dress (6.) but overall I've not seen anything that I would wear myself. Maybe I'm missing the point? I thought I'd show you guys as I think I'm still on the fence, perhaps I'm waiting for a piece that I like before I make a proper decision. 

Though, I must say, I've only picked out a few examples as I don't think this style is very common yet, but each time I look there seem to be more and more, so maybe it's a trend that's going to catch on (or is it already a thing? I don't know).

So, what do you guys think? Do you like it, and would you wear any of these?

Keep smiling,
Birds in Blossom x

4 comments:

  1. Im really undecided about this trend.
    If the clash is clever, great, otherwise it just looks awful!
    Really like 2, 7 & 8 though, theyre great finds!
    Caroline. x
    seekingellejay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you, and I think I'd like 2. more if it wasn't £75! Thank you for commenting!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete
  2. This trend is really crazy! It kind of makes me feel as though putting on things that clash is alright (When it isn't) Definatly won't be on this trend!
    Annoying that I love number 8 though, If it were simple black and white maybe! >.<
    Also, I TAG YOU! Check the tag out here :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just published the 30 q's now! Thanks for tagging me!

      Birds in Blossom x

      Delete